Okay, here we go!
This is a Card Chain Challenge (aka "CCC"). The basic idea is that you receive a fellow cardmaker's snail mail address, make her a card, and mail it to her. Everybody gets a hand-crafted card so everybody wins!
You will also post the cards you receive in the online gallery of your choice, and I will post these blog/gallery addresses on my blog. Everybody gets increased visibility and/or blog traffic, so everybody wins!
The whole process is fairly straightforward, so the chances of my screwing up are minimal. Everybody avoids administrative duties, so everybody wins!
Since this is the first time I'm hosting this event, I'm going to limit it to 12 participants. (This will give me a chance to learn what I overlooked, tweak as necessary, etc for future CCC's.) If more than 12 people sign up, only the first 12 people will be eligible. However, if anyone has to drop out, is removed, or is not otherwise eligible, the next person down the line will move up.
Each person will make a card for the person immediately below her in the chain. The last person in the chain will make a card for the first person in the chain.
- Cards can be any shape or size. (Just understand that postage may be higher for cards that are considered larger/smaller than the standard card size or do not fit the established norm in the receiver's country.)
- Cards do not have to be original designs - you can send a card from another challenge, etc as long as it meets at least ONE of the challenge options.
- Cards have to meet at least ONE of the three challenge options provided. (You can use all three if you want, but only one is required.)
- Cards are not required to employ any specific materials or mediums, nor are you limited to products by specific manufacturers - unless a specific challenge requires it. (Stamping, for instance, is not required, despite the author's addiction to rubber and ink, and materials can be made by any manufacturer.) However, all materials and mediums must be legal. (Making a card out of paper manufactured from hemp, alas, is a no-no.) Again, be aware that anything that adds thickness past the acceptable norm will result in higher postage.
Your card must employ ONE (or more, if you like) of the following three options:
(You do not have to follow this template slavishly - just make sure we can see some sort of resemblance to it. Also feel free to flip it, etc as you see fit.)
This color scheme:
- To participate in this CCC, you must have posted at least twenty (20) cards at an online gallery (like your blog, Flickr photostream, 2Peas gallery, Splitcoaster's gallery, etc).
- Only one entry per person per CCC.
- This CCC is open to participants in ALL countries.
- You will need to post a link to one of your cards in an online gallery (see examples above) on Mr. Linky below.
- You will also need to send me an email with 3 pieces of information (see below) so I can pass them on to the person who is making you a card. (If you do not send me this information within two hours of signing up with Mr. Linky, I will have to remove you from the chain and give your spot to someone else.)
- your email address, and
- your SNAIL MAIL address, and
- the cost of postage and any special rules that may apply to mail in your country.
- You will need to mail your card to the assigned person postmarked no later than the deadline provided below.
- Once you receive your card, you will need to post it on one of your online galleries and email me a link to it. Please credit the person appropriately. I will post all the links sent to me here on my blog.
- Failure to comply with the rules will result in your not being eligible for the next two CCC's. If you fail to comply in the next CCC, I reserve the right to permanently ban you from participating. (I don't think anyone would stiff anybody out of her card, but I need to have a way to protect both the participants and future chain challenges... wrote the lawyer.)
- I reserve the right to amend these rules as needed.
Mr. Linky sign-up: Midnight, EST, Monday, September 14, 2009. Make sure you also send your email and snail mail addresses with postal prices and any special instructions to:
If you have any questions, please email me or leave a comment.
I really hope people will hop on the bandwagon here! I think this could be a lot of fun!