Hey, there! You have a chance to win a $25 gift certificate from Globecraft Memories if you enter Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge for May! Globecraft Memories has been creating some very cool new products - my favorites are their Piccolos!
Globecraft sent us frames, Piccolos and enamel powder to play with, and here's Kathy's palette:
Paper: Ivory cardstock, Cardstock Bubble Frame Kit (Gloebcraft Memories); Stamps: All Booked Up (Papertrey Ink), S5050 (Hero Arts); Inks: Pistachio, (Color Box), Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo, Embossing, (Ranger Industries) Sepia, (VersaFIne) Embossing plates (Papertrey Ink); Accents: flowers (Prima), pillow sticker (K & Co), ball chain (Ranger Industries), Piccolos (Globecraft Memories); OTHER: enamel powder (Globecraft Memories); Adhesives: Beamons 3-in-1 glue, Glosy Accents, Pop-dots
T O O L S:
Heat tool, Ranger ink applicator tool, post-it notes, Vagabond, Mcgill punch
I N S T R U C T I O N S:
- Apply Pistachio ink directly to frames and heat set.
- Adhere stand to kit's backplate.
- Apply Vintage Photo to embossing plate with ink applicator tool and emboss large oval with large letters; repeat process on small oval with text plate.
- Apply Worn Lipstick to ovals with ink applicator tool.
- Ink larger oval's outer edge with Peeled Paint.
- Heat set both ovals.
- Stamp sentiment with Sepia and punch out.
- Edge outside of smaller oval with embossing ink and role edge in enamel powder; heat to emboss. Repeat on sentiment panel.
- Place Piccolos on sticky portion of Post-it, (to keep them from blowing away) apply glue, enamel powder, and heat emboss.
- Stamp vine background on ivory cardstock with embossing ink; apply enamel powder and heat emboss.
- Cut embossed cardstock into an oval (I used the kit's bubble dome as a guide) and adhere to the front of the backplate.
- Assemble flowers and adhere with pop-dots; adhere butterfly and Piccolo flowers.
- Adhere bubble dome to front of backplate with Beason's glue; adhere large oval to backplate.
- Adhere sentiment panel with pop-dots and Piccolos with Glossy Accents to front of small oval; adhere small oval to large oval with pop-dots.
- Cut ball chain to size and adhere around edge of bubble dome with Beacon's glue (I used a toothpick for precision placement of the adhesive.)
TIP: You can remove excess or stray glue from the bubble dome by gently rubbing with a cotton swab soaked in alcohol.
Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!