I taught a Memory Box card class a few weeks ago, and I'm rather fond of one of the cards I designed as it was very easy and quick to put together but looks rather posh all the same! :~D This is also my latest card for Outside the Box, the Memory Box Design Team's blog. You should definitely skip on over because there are some great holiday offerings that will get your creative juices going!
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make 4.25" x 5.5" card using Licorice.
- Cover card front with Nightfall patterned paper.
- Die cut Graveyard Landscape and the two smaller bats from Swooping Bats using Licorice cardstock, the smallest ghost from Ghost Trio and a Nestabilities circle using white.
- Trace the outline of your ghost onto Licorice and cut out smaller so you can adhere that to the back of your ghost for black eyes and mouth.
- Cut graveyard landscape to 5.5" width and stamp sentiment with embossing ink; sprinkle with embossing powder and heat.
- Adhere ghost to back of graveyard using thinnest dimensional foam, then attach to card front using thicker dimensional foam.
- Coat circle with embossing ink; sprinkle with embossing powder and heat (see tip below).
- Adhere moon to card.
- Adhere bats to card using dimensional foam.
- Adhere bling and clean up 'cuz you're finished!
T I P
Take a scrap piece of cardstock - about 4"-6" long and adhere your circle to the end of it. Now you can apply the embossing ink and powder and be able to hold your circle by its "handle" so you don't burn your fingers when you heat emboss it!
S U P P L I E S
All supplies are by Memory Box unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock: Licorice, white; Patterned Paper: Nightfall; Stamps: Gothic Halloween (B1886); Dies: Ghost Trio (98376), Graveyard Landscape (98375), Swooping Bats (98409), Nestabilities circles; Ink: Ranger Distress embossing ink; Other: Ranger Distress Ultrafine Silver Embossing Powder; gems, dimensional foam
Thanks for dropping in - it means the world to me - and have a blessed day!