I made a card for the February card challenge at the Hero Arts blog. I decided to be really radical and chose the option to make a card with a "unique fold." As you can see below, my fold change-up is pretty tame, but it's not the "same ol', same ol'" so it counts! (I think it's called a gate fold when you have each side fold into the middle, but don't hold me to that.)
V I D E O
T I P
I used a sentiment stamp that reads "You're a Sweetheart", but the capital "y" had a hanging tail that was too long for my banner. So I decided to ink the first two words with VersaMark and then wipe the ink off the tail of the "y." I ended up with an almost invisible "You're a." After the ink had dried, I took a finepoint marker and traced all of the lowercase letters and the top of the "y." I drew my own tail for the "y" so it would fit on the banner. Easy-peasy!
S U P P L I E S
Did you find the seven differences in the photo? They are:
- Card #1's banner is higher on the card;
- The gems are placed differently on each card;
- The striped star is stamped on different patterned papers;
- Card #2's smallest star is stamped with a star in its center;
- Card #2's background is black;
- Card #2's smallest star is adhered with foam dimensional squares;
- The stamp of the large star is oriented differently in the two cards (Card #1's center-most "STAR" is upside down).
If you enjoyed this post, please hit the G+ button below (listed next to the Twitter button right above the comments). I need to establish my author rank ASAP for professional reasons. Thank you so much!
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!