Welcome to Day One of the The Craft's Meow March Stamp Release!
TCM's giving away TWO new stamp sets each day of the release to celebrate its second birthday!!! AND two of y'all will win ALL FOUR of this month's new stamp sets during the March 21st blog hop! Booyah!!!
PLUS... if you spend more than $50 at The Craft's Meow, you'll get the new Sweet Silhouettes set for free!
T O D A Y' S S P E C I A L P R I Z E O P P
Two TCM blog commenters will be randomly drawn to receive today's featured set, Birthday Pun, and will be announced in tomorrow's TCM blog post. Leave a comment on the TCM blog by 8:00 p.m., PST, tonight to qualify.
I find this set a lot of fun because it appeals to my sense of the absurd. I imagined this cow with plumes and spangles, staggering home after a bender, mooing Tonight I'm Gonna Party Like It's 1999....
What can I say? My brain is a scary place sometimes - lol!
S U P P L I E S
Cardstock: Bazzill; Stamps: Birthday Pun (The Craft's Meow); Inks: Black Dye (Hero Hues); Markers: Sharpie, Ciao's, Superfine black (Zig); Other Mediums: Christmas Red Stickles (Ranger); Gem: Mark Richardson
T I P
Go ahead and draw an accessory if you need to! I first drew a clown's hat, but that wasn't doing it for me. And then... I saw it... a cow stumbling home after a bender... wearing one of those feathery rigs you see on circus elephants... dragging her bell on a string behind her. The absurdity of such an image gave me the giggles. (Hope it's making you giggle, too!)
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base.
- Stamp cow and sentiment on white cardstock, mat on purple, and adhere to base.
- Lightly sketch with a pencil a clown's hat, some plumes and a string with a bell (silhouette); practice on scrap paper first.
- Once you feel happy, go over your string and bell with a finepoint marker.
- Go over your cap and plumes with three shades of red markers or pencils. Apply Stickles - use a toothpick to spread it around in fine "strands."
- After Stickles have dried, adhere gem.
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
If you enjoyed this post, please hit the G+1 button below (next to the Twitter button right above the comments). I need to establish my author rank ASAP for professional reasons. Thank you so much!