Welcome to Day Two of the The Craft's Meow March Stamp Release!
TCM's giving away TWO new stamp sets each day of the release to celebrate its second birthday!!! AND two of y'all will win ALL FOUR of this month's new stamp sets during the March 21st blog hop!
PLUS... if you spend more than $50 at The Craft's Meow, you'll get the new Sweet Silhouettes set for free!
T O D A Y' S S P E C I A L P R I Z E O P P
Two TCM blog commenters will be randomly drawn to receive today's featured set, Sweet Birthday, and will be announced in tomorrow's TCM blog post. Leave a comment on the TCM blog by 8:00 p.m., PST, tonight to qualify.
I had a lot of fun playing with today's featured stamp set. Some very nice images that can go solo, be colored, or paper-pieced. Here's the card I made:
S U P P L I E S
Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: MME; Stamps: Sweet Birthday (The Craft's Meow); Dies: Classic Circles, Classic Scalloped Circles (Nestabilities); Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Tumbled Glass (Ranger); Other Mediums: colored pencils (Prismacolor) Martha Stewart Peridot glitter (EK Success); Accents: gems (Hero Arts); Other: Wonder Tape (Ranger); Tools: foam ink applicator tool, craft sheet, Vagabond (Ranger), bone folder, CutterBee tweezers (EK Success), acrylic stamp blocks, corner rounder (We R Memory Keepers)
NSERT INLINKZ MGRXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T I P S
Color your image before you die cut it. It's much easier to hold down a standard sized piece of paper than a 2" circle.
After you've cut your paper, leave it in the die and use the die as a mask. Apply ink with a Foam Ink Blender (which I'm nicknaming "FIB" because I am really getting tired of writing that out everytime I refer to it). Remove the paper from the die when you're finished.
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base.
- Cut patterned paper panel and apply to card front; round all corners.
- Adhere 1/4"-wide Wonder tape - don't remove backing film yet.
- Adhere 1/2"-wide Wonder Tape on either side of 1/4"-wide tape.
- Remove film backing from all three tape strips and cover with glitter. Place paper over project and burnish glitter with a bonefolder. (This will keep your glitter from flaking off the card.)
- Shake off excess glitter and stamp sentiment.
- Stamp bouquet on white cardstock and color with pencils.
- Die cut scalloped circle from black cardstock and die cut circle around bouquet - but don't remove the newly cut bouquet from the die.
- Using the die as a mask, apply ink with your FIB.
- Remove circle from die and adhere to scalloped circle.
- Adhere gems to flower centers.
- Adhere bouqet medallion to card with foam adhesive squares.
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
If you enjoyed this post, please hit the G+1 button below (next to the Twitter button right above the comments). I need to establish my author rank ASAP for professional reasons. Thank you so much!