Here's the card I made with some of the stamps from the first set (Beautiful Hymns Two). I think this would make a good sympathy card. I wish I had positioned my hymn stamp a little higher up on the butterfly, but otherwise, I'm pleased.
S U P P L I E SXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T I P
I learned this one from Julie Eberhard, who learned it from Shari Carroll, I believe - lol! When you're adhering something with dimensional adhesive, place your squares or tape, etc on the back of your object but only remove the second backing away from the center-most piece(s). This way, you can re-position your object as much as you need to without damaging it or the paper beneath. Once you're happy with its placement, remove the backing from the pieces along the object's outer edge (using tweezers is very helpful for this task) and adhere as usual. Cool trick, huh?!
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base and round bottom corners.
- Cut cardstock panel, round bottom corners and adhere.
- Die cut butterfly and antenna.
- Randomly stamp ornament image around the outer edges of the butterfly and stamp the hymn in its center.
- Use a colored pencil(s) to add color around the stamped ornamentation here and there. (I feel that I should have stamped my images a little further down toward the center for better balance.)
- Adhere the butterfly torso to the card.
- Adhere the butterfly's body to the card with foam adesive tape or squares.
- Adhere gems.
Please visit The Craft's Meow blog to see what the rest of the team did with this stamp set.
T O D A Y' S S P E C I A L P R I Z E O P P
Today's stamp set will be given away to one lucky commenter!
Lisa will randomly draw a winner from all the comments left at our DT members' blogs (and the TCM blog) and announce the lucky stamper during tomorrow's TCM post. So optimize your chances of winning by leaving a comment at each blog by 8:00 p.m. PST tonight.
And don't forget to come back again tomorrow for a preview of May's second newly released stamp set: Wildflowers! (All the stamp sets will be available for full viewing and purchase on
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
If you enjoyed this post, please hit the G+1 button below (next to the Twitter button right above the comments). I need to establish my author rank ASAP for professional reasons. Thank you so much!