You should have arrived here from the HERO ARTS BLOG.
We had so much fun getting together for this hop and hope you have as much fun seeing what we're serving!
Here's my card:
R E C I P E T I M E !
Since it's summer and our hop name references picnics, we decided to share some of our favorite recipes with you! I couldn't make up my mind between Killer Baked Beans or Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic), so I decided to include both recipes!
- Melt butter in skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft and yellow-brown.
- Stir in sugar and lower temperature to prevent scorching. Stir often until onion caramelizes.
- Cut bacon into 1" pieces, separate from one another, add to caramelized onion and fry as you normally would. Do not drain.
- Stir in ketchup and beans and let simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- This dish is equally good served cold or hot.
2 cups water, divided
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (4 - 5 limes)
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups white sugar (to taste)
club soda (optional)
- Liquefy ginger and 1 cup of water in a blender for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Strain the juice into a large pitcher. (Squeeze out as much juice as you can each time you repeat this step.)
- Put the ginger pulp back in the blender, add 1/2 cup of water, and liquefy. Strain the liquid into the pitcher.
- Repeat Step 3 using the remaining 1/2 cup water.
- Rinse the blender and pour in the liquid from the pitcher.
- Add lime juice and sugar and blend well. This is your ginger concentrate - do not drink this undiluted!
- Pour 2 oz. of concentrate into an 8 oz. glass of water or club soda and stir well. Adjust the amounts of sweetener, water/club soda, and lime to taste.
- Refrigerate concentrate and shake well before serving.
Your next stop is at EMILY'S BLOG!
Don't forget to leave a comment at every blog because Hero Arts will be doing random drawings from all the blog comments. There will be three lucky winners, and the more you comment, the greater your chance of being one of them!!!
If you encounter a broken link, just go to to the Hero Arts blog for a list of all the blogs with their links. Please report any broken links to blog[at]heroarts[dot]com.
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
Sign up HERE to win some free stamps and other goodies!
Check out MY ONLINE CLASS!