Hey there, Stamper-Campers!
If you were here yesterday, you experienced a little technical difficulty on the part of Yours Truly. (I forgot to take a picture of my card on Monday in daylight so I could then upload it that evening - which I forgot to do as well. Epic fail on my part.)
But moooooving right along... the 2014 Spring and Summer Memory Box Collection has been released, and there's a Blog Blitz going on this week at the Design Team blog, Outside the Box! All week long there are going to be all sorts of chances to win some of the new goodies, so make sure you pop on over and leave some love in the comments to get your name in the hat.
In honor of the occasion, I've made two cards - a his and a hers, so to speak. There are a variety of new products to celebrate the babies in your world, and here are two of them.... First, we'll show His card.
S U P P L I E S
Memory Box die (Baby Suit), stencil (Stars Starry Nights), stamp (Boy Oh Boy), and cardstock; Ink: Ranger Distress Peacock Feathers (Ranger); Accent: gem (Mark Richards); Other: foam dimensional squares
And here's Her card:
S U P P L I E S
Memory Box die (Baby Suit), stencil (Modern Flower Power), stamp (Tickled Pink), and cardstock; Ink: Ranger Distress Picked Raspberry (Ranger); Accent: gem (Mark Richards); Other: foam dimensional squares
T I P
I love the Tickled Pink sentiment stamp, but it's been discontinued (wah!). If you'd like to create your own Tickled Pink sentiment, (or any sentiment that's not been made into a stamp yet) generate it on the computer!
- If you want the sentiment to fit on something small and shaped, (like the "onsie" on my card) die cut the shape from a panel of cardstock and set it aside. (I'm going to use the Baby Suit die for this example.)
- Open a word document and create a textbox the same size as the area you would be stamping your sentiment. Select "No Border" for your text box.
- Select a font and size it to fit in the box; print your document.
- Place your Baby Suit panel (the part with the die cut removed) over the printed sentiment to see if it will fit. Is the font too big? Change it, reprint, and test until you're satisfied.
- Print the final version on your preferred cardstock. Center the Baby Suit panel over the sentiment so you know where to place the die.
- Use some removable or Washi tape to anchor the die and send through your die-cut machine.
- Remove your die-cut of Baby Suit with its personalized sentiment!