Hello, Stampin' Addicts!
Today's card features clear stamps from a set by Art Impressions that are licensed through Hampton Art.
S U P P L I E S
Card Stock: white, marigold; Patterned Paper: 6" x 6" Christmas Carol (Graphic 45); Clear Stamp Sets: Reindeer Games (Art Impressions for Hampton Art); Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine); Colored Pencils: Prismacolor; Stickles: Green, Turquoise, Xmas Red; Tools: paper cutter, scoreboard, bone folder, corner rounder
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base for a 3.75” x 5” marigold card and round bottom corners.
- Cut 3.25" x 4.5" white card stock panel and round corners.
- Cut 3.5" x 4.75 PP panel, round corners, and adhere to card front.
- Stamp cat on panel and color with pencils.
- Adhere stamped panel to card front.
- Cut square of marigold card stock, round corners, stamp sentiment, and adhere to stamped panel.
- Draw a string of light bulbs around the sentiment square.
- Apply Stickles to light bulbs and allow to dry.
T I P
You don't have to be an artist to do a little creative embellishment for a stamp set. Case in point: this great stamp of a cat tangled up Christmas lights - all drawn in a loose sketchy style.
If there was ever an example of something anybody can draw to further a great idea, it's gotta be this stamp's Christmas lights, right?
My sentiment was really sticking out like a sore thumb until I decided to draw a few squiggly lines with some tiny rectangles followed by some ovals. Upon looking at it further, I realize that I stopped too early, perhaps. I could/should have drawn that strand right down to the cat's tangle.
So go for it! Draw a simple "addition" to a stamp set and see if you don't feel right sharp!
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!