It's that time of the year... Valentine's Day is looming, yes, indeedie!
I'm a bit of a sucker for old-fashioned valentines with the faded silk ribbons, etc., so I decided to make a card with one of the new dies, Ferrand Heart, and lots of muted, inky goodness courtesy of Distress ink and Copics.
S U P P L I E S
Memory Box die (Ferrand Heart); Inks: Ranger Distress (Bundled Sage, Evergreen Baugh, Iced Spruce, Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet); Copics: RV06, RV95, YG06; Other Pen: Zig fine=point marker; Accents: gems (Mark Richards, Paper Studio), button, Seam binding tape, Hempotique hemp cord; Tools: Vagabond, foam ink applicators (Ranger)
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base (white card stock).
- Cut white panel approximately .25" smaller than base.
- Apply Distress inks with applicator.
- Die cut Ferrand Heart from center of inked panel and set aside.
- Remove die cut and pieces from inked panel and adhere to card.
- Die cut three more Ferrand Hearts from white card stock.
- Adhere white Ferrand Heart die cut (including the negative bits) into the empty space in the inked panel.
- Stack and adhere the two other white die cut hearts (with negative bits).
- Adhere the negative pieces of the inked die cut to the stacked white die cuts.
- Write sentiment with black pen.
- Adhere gems.
- Color seam binding with Copic RV95, tie into bow, and adhere with glue dot.
- Thread button with hemp and adhere with glue dot.
- Color gems with Copic markers RV06 and YG06 and adhere.
Despite the 14 steps, the actual assembly of this card can be accomplished in 15-20 minutes.