My friend Donna is uber-talented. Really. Check out her blog at Three Umbrellas.
And I mention her today because she has presented me with a Blog Award:
So I'm here to thank the giver, spread the love, and share five things about myself before passing this award on to five others. So here's five things about me:
- My favorite candy always has been and always will be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I would burn down Hershey's factory for turning me into little better than an addict, except then I wouldn't be able to get my fix. What a brutal world we live in.
- I prefer to be called "Deborah." Unless, of course, you have a special childhood dispensation because it's fundamentally wrong to expect someone to start calling you Deborah if they first knew you as a Debbie - which I was until officially putting my foot down in 1987. That said, there are a lot of people out there who didn't know me until 2005, and they all keep calling me "Debbie." (Unfortunately, they're all little old ladies at my church, and I lack the sufficient courage to correct them.)
- If we ever have insurance again, I am immediately going to have my deviated septum un-deviated. And my adenoids removed (why they didn't yank them along with my tonsils is a mystery). And if I still can't breath out of both nostrils at once - something I haven't been able to do in over ten years - I'm going to have my head chopped off.
- I am undergoing a tremendous mind shift and intend to convince Spouse that we give ourselves three years to adjust to relying solely on those foods that are locally grown and/or raised and to disdain all meat that is produced through a CAFO.
- I am desperate to move to the country - three acres will satisfy me, I think.