- Cards can be any shape or size. (Note: postage may be higher for cards that are considered larger/smaller than the standard card size or do not fit the established norm in the receiver's country.
- Cards should be original designs and must meet at least ONE of the challenge options provided. (You can use all three if you want, but only one is required.)
- Cards are not required to employ any specific materials or mediums,
nor are you
limited to products by specific manufacturers - unless a specific
requires it. (Stamping, for instance, is not required, despite the
addiction to rubber and ink, and materials can be made by any
However, all materials and mediums must be legal. (Making a card out of
created from certain plants, alas, is a no-no.) Again, be aware that
that adds thickness past the acceptable norm will result in higher
- To participate in this CCC, you must have posted at least twenty (20) cards at an online gallery (like your blog, Flickr photostream, 2Peas gallery, Splitcoaster's gallery, etc), and you must provide me with a link to your page for verification purposes.
- Only one entry per person per CCC.
- This CCC is open to participants in ALL countries.
- You will need to inform the person making you a card of any special rules that may apply to mail in your country (like standard letter size, weight, and thickness).
- You will need to mail your card to the assigned person
postmarked no later than
the appropriate deadline provided (see FAQ below).
- Once you receive your card, you will need to post it on one of your online galleries and email me a link to it. Please credit the person appropriately.
When do I sign up?
The sign-up for each CCC will begin on the last Friday of the given month and will close either 72 hours later or on the first day of the next month, whichever comes last.
What do I link to when I sign up?
Link to your blog or photo gallery's general address (not to a specific post). It's appreciated by readers who want to see what else you're up to.
What do I do it this is my first time participating?
Please email me your:
- Full name,
- Email address,
- Snail mail address, and
- Blog and/or online photo gallery addresses.
(Once I've got everybody's info, I will send out an email with everyone's contact information and the order. This is important not only because it tells you where to mail your cards but because there may be a change from the original order as seen in MisterLinky. (EX: I've had to remove people because they didn't have an online gallery or blog. You have to have one or the other to participate - it's the only way to protect both the CCC and all of you participants from spammers and other mean-spirited, havoc-wreaking miscreants! As a result, you may be confused if the emailed order doesn't match up with the name immediately above yours when you signed up.)
What do I do after I receive your email with everyone's contact info?
Check to make sure all of your information is correct and that you are assigned to the correct person. If you see a name other than the one listed above yours on the blog, email me immediately. It may be that I needed to remove the person above you and forgot, or I may have really screwed up, so I need you to police me a little bit. Upon verifying your info and assignment are correct, please email that all is well in that department.
When do I mail my card?
If Receiver is located in a country different from Sender, Sender should mail the card no later than the 8th of the month.
If Receiver lives within Sender's country, Sender should mail it no later than the 15th of the month.
Do I need to do anything after I mail my card?
- Sender should email Receiver that the card is in transit so Receiver can start to look for it.
- When Sender emails Receiver that the card is in transit, Sender also emails me an attached picture of the card she sent, preferably between 100-300 kb in size.
- Upon receipt of Sender's card, Receiver needs to email Sender immediately to let her know it arrived.
When can I post the card I made/received online?
Sender may post the card she made as soon as she receives an email from Receiver saying that she's holding the actual card in her hot little hands. This way, Receiver will see it first and be properly surprised and delighted. Once she is properly surprised and delighted, both Sender and Receiver may post the card on a blog and/or online gallery so the rest of the world can be properly surprised and delighted. Sender also may now submit the card she made to any challenges, for publication, etc.
Do I have to post online the card I made/received?
No. Posting Sender or Receiver's card on either one's blog/gallery is entirely optional. You do not have to post anything if you don't want to. I will definitely post all of your cards on my blog on the reveal date, but you do not have to post anything on your blog or gallery before, during, or after the reveal.
Should I link back to your blog if I post a card online?
Yes, please. If you post a card on your blog or gallery BEFORE I post the reveal, please link back to that month's sign-up post on my blog. Or just link to my blog's general address. Either one will work. If you are making your post AFTER I have posted the reveal, please link directly to the reveal post. (Obviously, I will be the last one to get to post any of your cards as the reveal date is not until the 1st of the next month. Although I don't get the element of surprise y'all do, I get the benefit of showing off all y'all's cards in one collection. I find this very satisfying. It appeals to my sick and depraved need to put things in order.)
What is the Reveal Post?
In the reveal post, I link each Sender's name to her blog or online gallery's general address. I've found this is really the only way I can remain sane and keep things straight (and y'all know I'm one step from the Loony Bin as it is). By giving readers the general address, they'll see your most current post (as opposed to a repeat of the card they're seeing on my blog). So y'all get more exposure!
What do I do if I don't receive a card?
If Receiver does not receive Sender's card by the 24th of the month, email me. You will receive a replacement card from either myself or another participant. Given the lateness of the date, you will probably not receive it until the 8th of the next month, but you will definitely get something!