I made this card for my hair stylist to give to her niece. Everything in Kathy's salon is purple (her favorite color) so I decided to us that as a jumping off point.
As cards go, it was a pretty quick project!
S U P P L I E S:
Stamps: Sentiment from [Month of] June clear set, Large Fabric Design (Hero Arts); Inks: Ranger Distress Seedless Preserves, VersaFine Black Onyx; Pens: Aquamarine, Lavender (Sharpie); Accents: flowers (Paper Studio), brad (Making Memories), buttons (Junkitz); Gems: (Mark Richards); Fibers: embroidery floss (DMC); Tools: Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
I N S T R U C T I O N S:
- Make your card base (4.25" x 5.5")
- Cut black and white layered panels. Dry emboss the white panel with Swiss Dots, stack and adhere to card.
- Color gems with Sharpie (small = lavender, large = aquamarine). Set aside to dry.
- Stamp background stamp onto lavender panel with dIstress ink; cut notch in bottom of panel.
- Die cut white and black labels, stack and adhere white to black.
- Stamp sentiment with VersaFine ink.
- Pierce lavender panel for buttons and brad; stitch buttons to panel.
- Stack two flowers on brad and insert in lavender panel.
- Adhere lavender panel to card.
- Adhere gems.
NOTE: You can use Copic markers to color the gems if you don't have any Sharpies.
Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!