I don't know who wrote that song about the "hazy, lazy days of summer" but they must've been smokin' crack because my summer days are CRAZY!
Today I have a card and a giveaway. First, the card, published in the March, 2013, edition of Scrapbook News and Review:
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base.
- Cut patterned paper to fit card front, pierce hole for flower's brad and adhere bottom 2/3 to front (leave the top 1/3 unglued for now).
- Round bottom corners.
- Adhere trimming and trim at sides.
- Punch out tag, stamp sentiment, and attach.
- Nest flowers, pierce with brad and insert into patterned paper panel, flattening prongs behind.
- Adhere top 1/3 of patterned paper panel.
T I P
There are two ways you can adhere a brad so it doesn't show on the inside of the card.
1. Lay out the design's elements on the patterned paper panel so you can pre-pierce the hole for the brad. Leave the top 1/3 of the paper unglued when you attach it to the card so you can insert the brad and open its prongs.
2. Open the brad's prongs on the back of the flower. Then adhere the brad/flower to the card using a strong adhesive.
S U P P L I E S
Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; Brad: My Mind's Eye; Flowers: Prima; Trim: Hobby Lobby; Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Ranger Industries; Punch: McGill; Other: 1/8" wide Terrifically Tacky Tape
Now for the give-away!
The prize. Three clear stamp sets - one each from Hero Arts, Art Warehouse, and Hampton Art - and a few extra surprise goodies.
The rules. To be eligible to win the prize, you must do at least ONE of the following:
- Link to my blog using the blinkie in my sidebar (copy and paste code located immediately beneath it).
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Double your chances of winning! You may enter a link below only once if you provide a link to my blog within a post. But if you provide a link ON YOUR BLOG'S SIDEBAR, you may enter twice! (I would appreciate it if you would leave it there for at least 60 days.)
The winner. I will use will use Random.org to draw a name from the links below. The winner will be announced here on August 9, 2013. If she does not email me re: her prize by 11:59 PM, EST, on August 16, 2013, I will draw a replacement winner.
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
If you enjoyed this post, please hit the G+ button below (listed next to the Twitter button right above the comments). I need to establish my author rank ASAP for professional reasons. Thank you so much!