Step in from the snow, my Stampin' Sistahs!
(And if it's not snowing where you are, I don't wanna hear about it!)
My card today features a beautiful rubber stamp - Hello Little One (PS0835) from the 2015 CHA show; I really love it!
S U P P L I E S
Cardstock; Patterned Paper (Jillibean Soup); Rubber Stamp: Hello Little One (Hampton Art); Media: ink, colored pencils (Spectrum Noir); Accents: enamel dots (MMI), gems (Mark Richards); Other: foam dimensional tape; Die: Stitched Circles (Die-Namics); Tools: paper cutter, scoreboard, bone folder, Vagabond
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make card base for a 4.25” x 5.5” card from white cardstock.
- Cut 3.75” x 5” white cardstock panel and 4” x 5.25” dark blue cardstock panel; layer and adhere to card.
- Cut 1"-wide strips of patterned paper, cut banner ends at bottoms, and adhere to card on a diagonal.
- Stamp sentiment portion of the image on white card stock and die cut circle so the sentiment fits across the bottom.
- Stamp the image on white cardstock; color with pencils and fussy cut owls, branch and heart.
- Adhere owls, branch, and heart to die-cut circle with foam dimensional tape.
- Adhere die-cut circle to card with foam dimensional tape.
- Adhere dots and gems.
T I P
There's no reason you can't do a little "redesign" of a stamp if your spacing needs won't accommodate the image exactly as it is. When I first tried to put my owls on my die-cut circle, the heart over the mama's head felt crowded. So I just cut it out and moved it over to the side where there was more room. (Works for me!)
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
Looks super cute !!! Those images are just perfect for a baby card:):) Snow? What's that? Never heard of it.......SOZZY;)!!!!!!
Posted by: Lizzy Hill | February 27, 2015 at 06:22 AM
It's not snowing but it's colder that all heck. Do have snow on the ground. going to be a bad weekend starting tomorrow night.
Love the little owls.
Posted by: Mary Holshouser | February 27, 2015 at 10:18 AM
we want snow and it keeps missing us!! Winter in Wisconsin isn't what it used to be!
Posted by: christine kaminski | February 27, 2015 at 05:12 PM
Love how you used the banners!
Posted by: Linda Baker | February 27, 2015 at 09:02 PM
Great card, love your colouring - so delicate and pretty! And I like the heart taken over to the side too, Jo x
Posted by: Dotty Jo | February 28, 2015 at 09:57 AM
Great design here. It's raining with us. Lots. At least snow is prettier. Hugz
Posted by: ionabunny | March 1, 2015 at 09:06 AM