I keep forgetting to post my card for the Card Chain Challenges but not this time!
I really like what happens when you pair something "coarse" (like kraft paper) with something sophisticated and shiny (like glittery tape and/or ink).
Here's my February card:
S U P P L I E S
Stamps: My Day - cl717 and Antique Flowered Background - s5264 (Hero Arts); Paper: Desert Storm (Nennah), watercolor paper (Canson); Ink: gold Delicata (Tuskineko), Onyx VersaFine (Tuskineko), and Pine Needles, Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint Distress inks (Ranger); Other Media: gold Perfect Pearls (Ranger); Embellishments: gems, glitter tape, cord (Hemptique); Dies: feathers (Simon Says Stamp); Adhesive: dimensional foam tape; Tools: Paper trimmer, scissors, acrylic stamp block, scoreboard, teflon bone folder, Vagabond
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- This card began its life as a standard 4.25" x 5.5" but was shortened after I stamped the sentiment crookedly. So you can either make it that size or 4.25" x 4.75" (it's final size).
- Cut a panel that is .5" x .5" smaller than your card base.
- Apply glitter tape to panel.
- Stamp sentiment using Delicata gold and heat set.
- Stamp sentiment again (in black ink) slightly off the original sentiment and set aside to dry.
- Apply Distress inks to scrap of watercolor panel and spritz with Perfect Pearls solution. (Add gold Perfect Pearls powder to a mini-spritzer of water and shake well).
- Allow to air dry or use a heat tool. Once dry, spritz again and dry (this will give you extra shimmer).
- Once dry, die cut two feathers and edge them with Distress inks for some subtle distinction.
- Stamp feathers with background pattern stamp using Delicata gold ink and heat set.
- Adhere feathers to card using foam dimensional tape.
- Tie bow of black hemp around feathers' quills.
- Adhere gems.
- Adhere panel to card with foam dimensional tape.
T I P
After you've finished inking your feathers, have a little more fun by stamping them with a pattern via Delicata gold (or silver) ink. Although the picture doesn't show it, the effect is shimmering and fabulous!
Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!
P.S. This month's CCC prize is a clear stamp set from Stampendous: Hot Air Scapes: