Today I used some of the Open Studio dies that are great for making shaker cards! (I just want to mention that, in addition to having great shapes, the Open Studio dies come on a magnetic sheet that make storage a snap!)
S U P P L I E S
Memory Box Products: dies (Studio Rectangle Layers, Tag You're It Rectangles, Loveland Corner, Bengal Detail Plate), stamp (Wishing You Combo), cardstock; Other: fun foam, acrylic sheet; Ink: VersaFine (Imagine Crafts); Accents: sequins (Cartwright), Martha Stewart glitter (EK SUccess), other miscellaneous confetti, pearls (Recollections); Adhesive: 1/8" double-sided ScorTape
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Make 3.25" x 5" card base.
- Emboss white panel with Bengal Detail Plate and adhere to card.
- Use Studio Rectangle Layers die to cut acrylic sheet and background patterned paper and set aside.
- Use Tag You're It Rectangle die to cut pink cardstock and set aside, then cut fun foam but leave in the die.
- Apply double-sided tape to fun foam die cut and adhere clear die cut (see tip below). Remove from die.
- Apply double-sided tape to top of acrylic panel and adhere pink die cut on top. (This is the front of the tag.)
- Place tag face down and sprinkle confetti, etc. into the recession.
- Stamp sentiment on patterned paper; adhere double-sided tape to front edges of stamped panel and adhere to back of tag, sealing in the confetti.
- Adhere tag to card front.
- Die cut Loveland Corner and adhere to tag.
- Adhere pearls to acrylic sheet in center of each heart.
- Keep the foam piece in the die before adhering it to the acrylic sheet (the die will keep the foam stable and make adherence a lot easier).
- Repurpose the acrylic sheet that comes in product packaging for your shaker cover.